At the Couture Sewing School, six intensive days are devoted to creating your garment—it can be sophisticated day wear, evening wear, a wedding gown, the little black dress—the choice is yours. It can be for yourself, for a friend, or it can be a sample. You’ll be incorporating into your project the couture techniques and details that go into Susan Khalje’s exquisite garments. You’ll prepare a muslin ahead of time, and after Susan perfects the fit, you’ll begin working on your garment.
- Fine-tune the fit of the muslin and adapt it for project use
- Choose and work with appropriate underlinings and linings
- Learn expert techniques for difficult fabrics
- Learn about boning, inner structure, and engineering
- Take a close look at a number of Susan Khalje’s garments, including many from her articles in Threads Magazine
- And most importantly of all, construct your garment using couture techniques, under Susan Khalje’s close supervision
- Anyone with solid sewing skills and a passion for learning will benefit from the class, and from the camaraderie of working with fellow enthusiastic sewers. Classes are small to allow for individual attention.
To sign up for a class, click on the date...
The cost of the 2023 Couture Sewing School is $1800. An initial deposit is required and the final balance is due 30 days before the start of the class. This class includes 6 full days of instruction.
In the event that you must cancel, a full refund, less a $100 processing fee, will be returned to you provided we receive your refund request in writing 30 days before the beginning of the class for which you have registered. Note: In most cases, you may transfer to another session at no additional cost, provided space is available. In the event that Susan Khalje must cancel, a full refund will be sent to you.
For additional information, or if you have any questions, please email Susan Khalje Couture.