Welcome to The Cocktail Dress!
In The Cocktail Dress we combine the elements which make a couture dress successful: good design, inspiring fabric(s), fit and proportion, engineering and of course construction. The class is broken down into 13 easy to follow chapters (listed below), in total the class runs over 6.5 hours. Each chapter is broken down into digestible size videos which range from 3–30 minutes in length.
Full Access : $120Add to Cart
- CHAPTER 1 – INTRODUCTION: MATERIALS AND FABRIC OPTIONS
- CHAPTER 2 – THE MUSLIN
- CHAPTER 3 – PREPARING THE UNDERLINING
- CHAPTER 4 – FITTING & CORRECTIONS
- CHAPTER 5 – ASSEMBLING THE PIECES
- CHAPTER 6 – THE LACE YOKE I: JOINING THE LACE AND THE SILK ORGANZA
- CHAPTER 7 – THE LACE YOKE II: THE SHOULDER SEAM
- CHAPTER 8 – THE LACE YOKE III: ADJUSTING THE LACE
- CHAPTER 9 – THE LACE YOKE IV: THE BIAS BINDING
- CHAPTER 10 – THE LOWER PART OF THE DRESS
- CHAPTER 11 – ATTACHING THE UPPER LACE AND PUTTING IN THE ZIPPER BY HAND
- CHAPTER 12 – THE LINING
- CHAPTER 13 – FINISHING TOUCHES
Your Course Includes:
Custom Cocktail Dress Pattern Designed by Susan Khalje Sent Directly to Your Doorstep:
This exclusive pattern has been personally designed by Susan Khalje. Each pattern includes two full size ranges for every fit (4–14 & 16–24). Susan will also carefully walk you through every step in choosing the right pattern size and fabric!
Instant Access to Full Length Step-by-Step Instructions:
When you sign up for Susan’s course, you will have instant access to over 6.5 hours of careful instruction for you to learn at your own pace at any time, for three years.
High Definition Streaming Video on Multiple Platforms and Devices:
View your new course in high definition on your computer at home, your tablet while working in your studio or even your smart phone while on the go.