Welcome to The Classic French Jacket!
In this course we start with a pattern I made in collaboration with my French colleague Julian Cristofoli. After choosing to use a plain fabric or a patterned fabric, you can follow along with me every step of the way as I guide you through this fascinating construction. It’s a shoulder princess-seamed jacket, and what really sets it apart is a very lovely three-piece sleeve with an outside vent. Both courses, the plain fabric and the patterned fabric, are detailed from beginning to end and are included with your purchase of the course.
Full Access: $195.00Add to Cart
The Classic French Jacket “Pink” – Course Chapters:
- CHAPTER 1 – INTRODUCTION: THE PINK JACKET (PATTERNED FABRIC)
- CHAPTER 2 – THE MUSLIN
- CHAPTER 3 – OVERVIEW OF THE JACKET
- CHAPTER 4 – FITTING THE MUSLIN
- CHAPTER 5 – THE FASHION FABRIC
- CHAPTER 6 – THE LINING
- CHAPTER 7 – ASSEMBLING THE JACKET
- CHAPTER 8 – CLEANING UP THE LINING
- CHAPTER 9 – THE SHOULDER SEAMS
- CHAPTER 10 – THE SLEEVES
- CHAPTER 11 – THE NECK EDGE
- CHAPTER 12 – ATTACHING THE SLEEVES
- CHAPTER 13 – CLEANING UP THE SLEEVES
- CHAPTER 14 – FINISHING
- CHAPTER 15 – THE POCKETS
- CHAPTER 16 – FINAL THOUGHTS
The Classic French Jacket “White” – Course Chapters:
- CHAPTER 1 – INTRODUCTION: THE WHITE JACKET (PLAIN FABRIC)
- CHAPTER 2 – THE MUSLIN
- CHAPTER 3 – THE FASHION FABRIC
- CHAPTER 4 – ADDING THE LINING
- CHAPTER 5 – THE QUILTING
- CHAPTER 6 – ASSEMBLING THE JACKET
- CHAPTER 7 – CLEANING UP THE LINING
- CHAPTER 8 – THE SHOULDER SEAMS AND THE NECKLINE
- CHAPTER 9 – THE SLEEVES
- CHAPTER 10 – CLEANING UP THE INSIDE OF THE SLEEVES
- CHAPTER 11 – FINISHING THE JACKET
- CHAPTER 12 – THE POCKETS
- CHAPTER 13 – FINAL THOUGHTS
Your Course Includes:
A Custom Jacket Pattern Designed by Susan Khalje Sent Directly to Your Doorstep:
This exclusive pattern has been personally designed by Susan Khalje. Each pattern includes two full size ranges for every fit (4–14 & 16–24). Susan will also carefully walk you through every step in choosing the right pattern size and fabric!
Instant Access to Full Length Step-by-Step Instructions:
When you sign up for Susan’s French Jacket course, you will have instant access to over 14.5+ hours of careful instruction for you to learn at your own pace at any time, for three years.
High Definition Streaming Video on Multiple Platforms and Devices:
View your new Classic French Jacket course in high definition on your computer at home, your tablet while working in your studio or even your smart phone while on the go.