Photo: Sue Barnett
The Couture Sewing School
At the Couture Sewing School, six intensive days are devoted to creating your garment—it can be sophisticated day wear, evening wear, a wedding gown, the little black dress—the choice is yours. It can be for yourself, for a friend, or it can be a sample. You’ll be incorporating into your project the couture techniques and details that go into Susan Khalje’s exquisite garments. You’ll prepare a muslin ahead of time, and after Susan perfects the fit, you’ll begin working on your garment.
The cost of the 2017 Couture Sewing School varies depending on location. An initial deposit is required and the final balance is due 30 days before the start of the class. This class includes 6 full days of instruction.
- Fine-tune the fit of the muslin and adapt it for project use
- Choose and work with appropriate underlinings and linings
- Learn expert techniques for difficult fabrics
- Learn about boning, inner structure, and engineering
- Take a close look at a number of Susan Khalje’s garments, including many from her articles in Threads Magazine
- And most importantly of all, construct your garment using couture techniques, under Susan Khalje’s close supervision
- Anyone with solid sewing skills and a passion for learning will benefit from the class, and from the camaraderie of working with fellow enthusiastic sewers. Classes are small to allow for individual attention.
In the event that you must cancel, a full refund, less a $100 processing fee, will be returned to you provided we receive your refund request in writing 30 days before the beginning of the class for which you have registered. Note: In most cases, you may transfer to another session at no additional cost, provided space is available. In the event that Susan Khalje must cancel, a full refund will be sent to you.
For additional information, or if you have any questions, please email Susan Khalje.