I’m delighted to announce the French Couture Jacket Class. In this course I’ll walk with you through the entire process of constructing one of the classic couture garments. I pour a lifetime of experience in to this course and truly believe you will find advice in it that you cannot get anywhere else. From paper pattern to finished jacket, you’ll see me make two jackets: one in a plain fabric and one in a fabric that requires matching.
• Adapt the muslin for pattern use
• Apply a wide range of hand stitches along the way
• Quilt the lining to the fashion fabric
• Work with elegant trims and buttons
• Add hand-constructed pockets
• Apply the finishing touches that a couture garment deserves
Once you’ve completed one jacket, I’m happy to say that this course includes separate instruction for a regular and patterned jacket, with a pattern we send to you in the mail to accommodate your choice! And there’s no doubt that the techniques and knowledge gained from this project will be applied to any others you tackle in the future.
For more future updates subscribe to our mailing list at the bottom of this page!